Below are links to great websites for parents, caregivers, and kids, as recommended by the American Library Association.
Check out this fantastic website from the American Library Association on how to Connect with Your Kids at the Library!
Recommended sites for Parents and Caregivers
- Pennsylvania Common Core Standards http://www.pdesas.org/Standard/CommonCore
- National Center for Learning Disabilities www.ncld.org
- Get Set for Kindergarten – a month by month guide for school readiness www.getset4k.org
Recommended Sites for Books and Other Library Pertinent Information
- KidsClick! – directory of sites organized by subject, Dewey number, and reading level www.kidsclick.org
- Dewey Browse – web sites classified by the Dewey decimal system www.deweybrowse.org
- The Children’s Book Review – a wealth of information on children’s books for all ages www.thechildrensbookreview.com
- Booklist – reviews and information about new books and media for children www.booklistonline.com